The ancient city of Mingguang is the Tushan Kingdom of Huaiyi, and it is more than 100 kilometers away from Qingliangang Culture (now Huaian City). Xia is the land of Yangzhou. The place is Xuzhou. The Western Zhou Dynasty is Qingzhou. Spring and Autumn belong to the country of Wu Guoshan, and it is the Zhong ion country. During the Warring States Period, it belonged to Vietnam. The Qin Dynasty was a county of Shexian County. During the Han Dynasty, the city of Mingguang belonged to two counties: She County and Huailing County. The Three Kingdoms belonged to Wei Kingdom. The Western Jin Dynasty was changed to Linhuai County of Xuzhou. The Eastern Jin Dynasty set Huailing County in northern Xuzhou. During the Northern and Southern Dynasties, Jiuning County was set up in Jiuhu County, Nushan Lake, which was the beginning of the county. In the Sui and Tang dynasties, Zhaoyi County was established (still governing today's Nushanhu Town), and Zhaoyi County was changed to Zhaoxin County in the Northern Song Dynasty. In the Yuan Dynasty, in the 20th year of Yuan Dynasty (1283), Zhaoxin County was cancelled. During the Ming Dynasty, the city of Mingguang was not built, and it belongs to Yi County of Sizhou. Sizhou, Hongwu first year (1368) belongs to Lintong Mansion (now Fengyang County, Anhui Province), the next year is directly under the Zhongshu Province, Hongwu four years (1371), changed to Fengyang Mansion (Fengyang County, Anhui Province) ). In the Qing Dynasty, there was no construction in Mingguang City.
In the beginning of November of the 21st year of the Republic of China (1932), Jiashan County (the rule of the present and the old three circles) was set up on the fringe of the four counties of Qiang, Jingxian, Dingyuan, and Laian, and it was under the jurisdiction of the administrative inspector of the fifth district (Jixian) of Anhui Province. In November 26th of the Republic of China, the Japanese aggressor army rushed to the county seat of Jiashan, carried out inhumane slaughter and plunder, and the three realms of the county town fell. In January of the following year, the Japanese and Puppet Army established the Wangjiao Jiashan County Government (Maintenance Association) in Mingguang. In June, Zhou Shaofan (Laian) set up the National Jiashan County Government in Zilaiqiao Town, and served as the mayor. On March 10, 29, Zhou Shaofan fled from Jiashan County and became an exile county chief in the Guhe area of Quanjiao County. In September 34 of the Republic of China, the county government moved from Furuhe, Quanjiao County to Mingguang.
In March 1940, the anti-Japanese democratic government of Jiashan County was established in Ziliqiao, belonging to the East United Defense Office of Jinpu Road in eastern Anhui. On January 21, 1949, the entire territory of Jiashan County was liberated. In early February, the Jiashan County Government (in Mingguang) was established, belonging to the Jianghuai First Administrative Office; in April, it was changed to the North Anhui First Administrative Office; in June, it was changed to Jing County Administration Office.
In September 1940, the Fenghuangjia County Joint Defense Office (located in the South Park near Gupei) was established in the northern part of Jiashan, which is the sixth administrative commissioner's office of Anhui Province. In July of the following year, the Fengfengjia County Senate was established; in September, the Fengfengjia County Anti-Japanese Democratic Government (in Xinzhuang and Qiuzhuang) was established, which belongs to the Administrative Office of Huaibei Suwan Border Area. In May 1949, Fengfengjia County was revoked, and its area was assigned to Wuhe County (in Mobogang).
On August 12, 1968, the Jiashan County Revolutionary Committee was established.
In March 1980, the Jiashan County Revolutionary Committee was renamed the Jiashan County People's Government.
On May 31, 1994, Jiashan County was abolished and the county-level Mingguang City was renamed. It still belongs to Shengzhou City and has not changed.